Monday, November 1, 2010

school day

October 26 was Kady's first day of preschool. When did my baby grow up?!? It was a rough morning for all of us. Kady didn't want to sleep Monday night and didn't fall asleep til close to 11 and well a 6am wake up call didn't make her happy.


with her backpack and lunch box

at school eating breakfast
When we arrived in school she didn't know what to do. She went right for the food of course but wouldn't eat anything but the toast. And when it was time for jimmy and I to leave it was all bad. When we started to walk away Ms Jackie was there to talk to her and distract her, but when i went to close the door behind me i saw the look on Kady's face and saw her lip come out and I lost it. I cried like i was a little girl. I knew she was in good hands and that this is such a good thing for her but i was feeling guilty. They called around 12 and just filled us in on her day. She wouldn't eat breakfast or lunch, so now I'm thinking shes starving herself. But one of the teachers texted Grandma (grandma works for the same company, just a different campus) and let us know she ate snacks but wouldn't play with the kids, only stood by the teachers.
The next few days got better. She would cry when we left but she would eat and started playing with the kids. She even naps for them! They just need to be close by til she is asleep. But she does that for us too so I'm not surprised on it. And shes even making friends. All i know is its a little girl named Sophie. She isn't there yet when we drop Kady off and is gone before Kady is picked up. But I'm happy for her!
She even is coming home with new dances. She wouldn't learn these for me but maybe its the peer pressure. Shes learning "I'm a little tea pot." She even has the hip action. Its too funny and cute! I cant wait til her Xmas play :)



No comments:

Post a Comment